This was all that remained of a shed following a dramatic fire in Edithmead near Highbridge on Thursday evening (August 2nd).
Burnham-On-Sea and Bridgwater fire crews were called to Bristol Road in Edithmead, Highbridge just before 6.45pm.
“Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call from a member of the public reporting a shed on fire,” said a fire service spokesman.
“Two fire appliances, from Burnham-On-Sea and Bridgwater, were immediately mobilised.”
“On arrival, the officer in charge confirmed that a storage container containing building materials was well alight.”
“Crews quickly got to work using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to tackle the fire.”
“The officer in charge later informed fire control that a small amount of asbestos roofing sheets had been involved in the fire, however with the advice of a hazardous materials officer, this was contained.”
Pictured: The charred remains of the Edithmead shed (Burnham Fire Station)