A Burnham-On-Sea fire crew was called to tackle a flat blaze in Bridgwater on Saturday morning (April 14th) which was caused by a vaping device.

Crews from Bridgwater, Taunton and Burnham-On-Sea were called to the fire at Saltlands Avenue at around 8.38am in a large block of flats.

A spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com: “Upon arrival, the crews confirmed there was a fire within one of the flats on the first floor.”

“It turned out to be a sofa on fire caused by a vaping device.”

“Crews managed to extinguish the fire using breathing apparatus and a hose reel, limiting the fire damage to the sofa and smoke damage to the flat.”