- Website Creation and Hosting
- Computer Health Checks (Servicing)
- Virus and Other Malware Detection and Removal
- Computer, Phone, Tablet & Printer Troubleshooting
- Microsoft Windows Upgrades
- Computer Memory and Hard Drive Replacement & Upgrade
- Home Networking Installation and Configuration (WiFi & Wired)
- Advice on Best Equipment and Software to Buy
- One-to-one Training for Computers, Phones and Tablets
- Data Restore from Hard Drives and USB Flash Drive
- Discounts for U3A Members
- Callouts welcome
- Over 30 Years experience as an IT Professional
Please note I am primarily a software, network and operating system specialist. Hardware repair is limited to hard disk drive and memory (RAM) replacement and upgrades only. I can, however, diagnose hardware faults and advise on the appropriate course of action to deal with those faults. I have a “no fix no fee” policy and will only charge for work that I am able to subsequently perform myself.
DKR Computing was established in April 2014 by Darryl Knight-Rees in response to many requests for computer related help from the local community in West Huntspill, Highbridge and Burnham-on-Sea.
I have 30+ years of experience of working in IT, both as a full time employee and as an IT contractor, as well as a passion for all things PC and gadget related that started at the age of 15 and has resulted in much expertise being accrued as well as many satisfied customers.
I am confident that I can deliver results and offer a “no fix no fee” guarantee on all work.
- Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)
- Mac OS X (Leopard and later)
- Linux Administration
- Apple iPhone & iPad
- Android Phones & Tablets
- Website Creation
- Web Hosting
- Home & Small Business Networking
Assistance and training can be provided at your home or office in Burnham-on-Sea, Highbridge and surrounding villages (plus Bridgwater). You can also bring your equipment to West Huntspill if you prefer.
For those living further away, a remote connection to your PC or Mac can be attempted to resolve any problems that you may have, although this will depend on you having a working browser and internet connection.
More About Me
I started working as a professional in IT in 1986 after graduating from University with a degree in IT. Since December 2000 I have been freelance, offering my services to large companies and organisations as well as small businesses and domestic customers. The sectors that my business clients are involved in include:
Banking and Finance
Since April 2014 I have been offering my services as an independent Computer Technician/Consultant to both domestic and small business customers.
My recent work includes creating websites for the following local clients:
DKR Computing Clients