A crowd of over 10,000 people were treated to a spectacular fireworks display on Burnham-On-Sea’s seafront on Sunday evening (November 9th).
The 24-minute display went ahead despite forecasts of high winds, and the organisers told Burnham-On-Sea.com they were “delighted” with how it had gone – and “relieved” that they had not had to cancel the event.
Huge crowds lined the Esplanade to watch the display, which was set to music and, as this year’s event fell on Remembrance Sunday, it also included a sequence of fireworks in which red leaves fell from the sky as a poignant mark of respect.
Burnham’s Mayor, Cllr Peter Burridge-Clayton, told Burnham-On-Sea.com: “It was a fantastic display and I was delighted that we pulled it off. There had been some uncertainty earlier in the day given the strong winds.”
“My thanks go to those who helped organise such a successful event and also to the many local sponsors who ensured this year’s event could go ahead.”
The free display was partly funded by the Town Council and local businesses, including Burnham-On-Sea.com, following an appeal for funding earlier this year after Sedgemoor District Council said it could no longer afford to run the event.
Members of the Rotary Club of Burnham-On-Sea were present to make a collection in aid of local charities.
.How did you rate this year’s Burnham-On-Sea fireworks?
Have your say by voting below…
Photos on this page from Lou Reade and Burnham-On-Sea.com photographers