An electrical fault has been blamed for a bathroom blaze at a Burnham-On-Sea home on Sunday evening (November 9th).

Two fire engines from Burnham rushed to the property in Priory Gardens just before 10pm after the residents raised the alarm.

“Crews were called to an extractor fan on fire in the bathroom,” said a spokesman. “The fire was out on arrival as the occupier had used a dry powder extinguisher to put out the fire.”

Crews checked the area around the extractor fan using a triple extension ladder and made it safe.

They confirmed the cause was accidental due to an electrical fault.