Burnham-On-Sea’s Hillview Carnival Club has launched its annual festive tour of the area to raise charity funds.
The club’s is holding its three-week tour of Burnham and Highbridge’s streets, towing Father Christmas on a mobile sleigh while collecting funds for Children’s Hospice South West.
In addition to visiting streets around Burnham-On-Sea and Highbridge, the sleigh, accompanied by upbeat festive music, will also be heading to local supermarkets and Brent Knoll’s Sanders Garden Centre.
This year’s sleigh was unveiled by the Hillview team in Burnham on Monday night (December 4th), as pictured here.
“This has been a long-running tradition at Hillview over many years, spreading festive cheer and also raising funds for the hospice and our club,” Hillview’s Julia Rosser told Burnham-On-Sea.com.
“We look forward to seeing lots of locals in the coming days and thank everyone for their support.”
This week’s schedule for the Santa cart:
- Tuesday December 5th: Roads around Southern Lea Road
- Wednesday December 6th: Roads around Tesco
- Thursday December 7th: Roads around Balmoral Drive
- Saturday Dec 9th and Sun 10th: Sanders Garden Centre at Brent Knoll
- Saturday 16th and Sun 17th: Asda Highbridge
- Saturday 23rd and Sun 24th: Tesco Burnham-On-Sea
Further dates and locations will follow. The cart starts its tour with Santa at 6.30pm each night and finishes around 8.30pm. Donations are welcome in cash or via card payments or phone payments. All locations and dates subject to change.