Burnham-On-Sea firefighters were called out to tackle a chimney fire near Axbridge on Saturday evening (October 29th).
Fire appliances from Burnham-On-Sea, Cheddar and Glastonbury rushed to Stone Allerton near Axbridge at 6.30pm where a chimney was on fire in a domestic property.
“Crews arrived and confirmed the fire had spread through the wooden beam above the fire place,” a spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com.
“Crews requested the rescue tender from Glastonbury specifically for its acro props, which are pieces of equipment used to shore up properties.”
“The building had been evacuated as the beam that was burnt was supporting a load bearing wall and chimney in the property.”
“An appliance from Burnham was sent and crews extinguished the fire using water pumps and chimney gear. The building was made safe and duty of care was left with the occupier.”