Burnham-On-Sea’s farmers market returns to the town’s High Street today (Friday, March 27th).
Over a dozen stalls will be set-up selling local produce including fruit, local meat, vegetables, cakes, cheese, pies, bakery items and milk from 9am-1pm.
Market co-ordinator Louise Hall told Burnham-On-Sea.com: “As we see the evidence that spring is arriving with lighter evenings and daffodils blooming, our thoughts are turning to how we can make the most of our gardens and In Clover, our popular plant stall, will be back to help make that task easier and enjoyable with a range of hardy and unusual plants to choose from and expert planting advice.”
“It’s also chocolate season again with Easter just around the corner, so do make a stop at the A-Lot-A-Choc stall to gather together all your chocolate treats.”
“Meanwhile, we would also like to encourage you all to treat yourselves at the market with our special guests, the very local Crepe Cart who we hope will make occasional visits to the market with their delicious savoury and sweet crepes.”
“The regular stalls will all be attending and we are pleased to have back Country Markets who had to miss the market in February, so we’ve had no preserves at the market since December. It’s definitely time to re-stock!”
“Over the next month or so, Gaynor on our Community Stall will be recruiting volunteers for local events. If your group needs volunteers, please contact her on 01278 238714. This month Gaynor will be joined by Jacqui Strong with news about events at Marine Cove.”
Friday’s line up includes:
- A&A Decorations – stylish wooden craft items
- A–Lot-A-Choc- local chocolatier with Easter range of chocolates
- Country Markets – a fruity range of preserves and honey
- Ellises Farm- traditional breed pork and charcuterie
- GM Country Sports – game in season and venison all year.
- In Clover- with a range of beautiful hardy perennial plants
- Moorland Farm – Aberdeen Angus beef from Axbridge
- Nutts For… – Scotch eggs in an amazing range of different flavours
- Portbridge Farm – fresh vegetables from Chew Magna
- Taylors Traditional Bakers – third generation Somerset craft bakers
- Times Past Cheese Dairy – award winning traditional and flavoured cheddars
- The Crafty Tea Cup – Burnham based café and cake maker
- The Crepe Cart- sweet and savoury crepes from a Burnham based business
- The Humble Pie – Somerset’s best award winning pies
- The Burnham Community Stall
- The Woodland Trust – the UK’s leading voice for woodland protection, conservation and restoration