Burnham-On-Sea’s monthly farmers market returns to the town’s High Street this Friday (March 31st) with a varied line-up of stalls.
Fresh produce stalls will be set-up, selling local produce including fruit, local meat, vegetables, cakes, cheese, pies, bakery items and milk from 9am-1pm.
Visitors to the market will also be able to visit Burnham’s wide range of shops and cafes in the town centre.
This month’s line up includes:
- Berrow Beef – grass fed, outdoor reared beef and lamb from just outside of Burnham-On-Sea. Sarah and Richard are especially busy on the farm at this time of year
- The Country Potter – hand thrown pots from Ed, also come and see how they are made on the mobile potters wheel. Ed also makes hand basins with wall tiles glazed to match, ask him about what he can create for you
- G M Country Sports – seasonal game, also home made game burgers, sausages and sausage meat. Gary will be on holiday in May
- Humble Pie – handmade pies from Street in a variety of flavours, eat them hot or cold and they are also great for freezing
- In Clover – Clare is back with her home grown perennials, ready to add a bit of bee-friendly
- Mike’s Pork – prize winning Gloucestershire Old Spot pork raised on the Somerset Levels, Mike will be exhibiting his pigs at local Agricultural Shows over the summer
- Nutts For… – scotch eggs in a variety of tasty and award winning flavours, perfect for a snack, ploughmans and more
- Orchard Farm Preserves – home made jams, chutneys and traditional cakes
Portbridge Farm Vegetables – seasonal, locally grown vegetables from Chew Magna,ask Sue what is at its best now
- Quantock Pies and Cakes – quiches, pizzas, cakes, biscuits, tarts and steamed puddings made at the foot of the Quantock Hills
- Taylors Traditional Bakers – freshly baked traditional bread and buns from Bruton. Hot Cross buns are available as well as a new sourdough loaf
- Times Past Dairy – award winning cheeses in many flavours including traditional cheddar
The Avon Wildlife Trust will also be attending Friday’s market with information on the conservation work they do.