A busy day of Christmas events is lined up to take place today (Saturday December 7th) across the Burnham-On-Sea area.
- Burnham-On-Sea town centre will be busy all day with the first ever Christnas Food Festival, when festive food, drink and entertainment will be lined up. See full preview.
- Santa will be heading to Apex Park in Highbridge today to hand out gifts from 1pm-4pm when families will be welcomed.
- Burnham’s Footprints Nursery is holding a Christmas Fayre at the nursery from 10am till 2pm when all will be welcome.
- All Saints Church and Church Hall in East Huntspill will hold their Christmas Bazaar at 11am with a festive day of fun with stalls, games, gifts and arts.
- East Brent Village Hall in Brent Road, East Brent will host a Chrismas Craft Fair from 2-5pm. with free entry. Lots of craft stalls and much more.
- A Christmas Fair will be held at Sedgemoor Manor School in the village of Mark. There will be a free mulled drink & mince pie on arrival & Santa will be in attendance plus an array of craft stalls and refreshments.
- The classic Christmas pantomime Dick Whittington is being performed in Burnham-On-Sea’s Princess Theatre tonight at 7.30pm. A few final tickets are available. See more.
- Burnham-On-Sea’s tenth annual Christmas tree festival will open in the town this evening, with dozens of sparkling trees on display for a fortnight. St Andrew’s Church is holding the popular festival, with a church service being held at 6pm to mark the start.
- Mark Church Christmas Bazaar will be opened by Andy Bennett, from BBC Somerset Radio at 2pm on Saturday, 7th December. Followed by Mark 1st School Choir singing anda visit from Father Christmas. There will be stalls including tombola, raffle, cakes, sweets, crafts, children’s craft table and coffee, mince pies and mulled wine. Closes at 4pm