Burnham-On-Sea firefighters say a discarded cigarette caused a fire in Highbridge on Saturday afternoon (October 15th).

Crews from Burnham-On-Sea and Bridgwater were called to a property in Market Street at just before 1pm.

Two engines from Burnham and one from Bridgwater were sent to the scene after reports of a fire broke on a window sill.

The fire was out on arrival but crews worked to check the remaining window sill using a triple extension ladder. It was determined that the fire was started by an discarded cigarette.