Published: January 13, 2009
Burnham-On-Sea fire crews tackle kitchen blaze in bungalow

An unattended chip pan has been blamed for causing a kitchen fire inside a Burnham-On-Sea bungalow on Tuesday afternoon (January 13th).

Two fire crews from Burnham equipped with breathing apparatus were called to St Mark's Road at 12.49pm after a neighbour raised the alarm.

"On arrival, the crews confirmed the kitchen was well alight and got to work fighting the fire using a water jet, a CO2 extinguisher and four sets of breathing apparatus," fire spokesman Paul Slavin told Burnham-On-Sea.com.

"We fully vented the property and had the fire under control by 1.20pm. The occupier of the property was put in touch with a member of the Fire Victim Support Unit," he added.

 




Search Burnham-On-Sea.com|Add Burnham-On-Sea.com to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from Burnham-On-Sea.com|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article|

Live Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam

24-hour live pictures
See live images from the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam. Click here