April 5, 2009
crew called to chimney blaze at Burnham-On-Sea home
Burnham-On-Sea fire crew was called to a chimney blaze in the
town on Sunday evening (April 5th).
One fire engine was sent to Grove Road at 6.45pm, as pictured
here, after the occupants of a building raised the alarm after
spotting a large amount of smoke coming from a fire place.
eyewitness outside confirmed to Burnham-On-Sea.com: "A large
amount of thick smoke was seen coming out of the building - it
was quite a worrying sight."
the fire crews entered the building and found a fire in a chimney
had been safely extinguished by the occupants. They checked the
property over and visited adjoining flats to check for damage,
with none being found.