April 18, 2011
Highbridge man sentenced to 15 years jail over rape
52 year-old Highbridge man has been jailed for 15 years after
being found guilty of raping a child.
Clark, of Three Yards Court, was arrested last May after the sickening
attack and has just been sentenced.
Crown Court heard that Clark had continued to deny the offences
depsite being found guilty of two counts of raping a child and
one count of causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
must sign the Sex Offenders' Register indefinitely and will be
prevented from working with young people on his release.
Aullybocus, defending him, said Clark had considered suicide whilst
in custody since last May. He said his client had been of previous