person taken to hospital after fire at Burnham-On-Sea home
person was taken to hospital following a fire at a home in Burnham-On-Sea
on Wednesday (June 14th).
crews and an ambulance were called to Willis Court in Marine Drive
at around 2.30pm.
raised the alarm after a fire started in the bathroom. Two fire
applicances from Burnham-On-Sea and Bridgwater were sent to the
found the fire was already out and the on-coming engine from Bridgwater
were stood down as it was not required.
casualty was treated on scene by paramedics and taken to hospital
as a precautionary measure," a spokesman told Burnham-On-Sea.com.
property received 30% damage to the bathroom and 10% smoke damage
to rest of property."
on scene confirmed the cause of the fire was believed to be a candle
which was against a flammable materials.