Burnham-On-Sea fire crew

Fire crews from Burnham-On-Sea, Cheddar and Wells were called to tackle a small blaze caused by a microwave on Sunday (January 12th).

Crews were called to Cheddar at 12.32pm to reports of the fire in a flat.

A spokesman said: “Fire control received a call reporting alarms sounding due to a residential fire involving a microwave in a flat.”

“Control quickly mobilised crews from Cheddar, Wells, Burnham-On-Sea, as well as a fire engine and an Aerial Ladder Platform from Avon.”

“On arrival, crews discovered a microwave smoking in a first floor flat and quickly got to work to extinguish it using a covering jet, a hose reel jet, two breathing apparatus, a GP line, one triple extension ladder, and a thermal imaging camera.”

“One person was attended to by ambulance for minor smoke inhalation. This fire was treated as accidental.”

 
Subscribe to our news updates and join our other subscribers.
No spam, we promise. You can unsubscribe at any time and we'll never share your details without your permission. View our privacy page